Walkie talkies are still a valuable tool for outdoor communication, especially if you don’t have cell phone service. But there are some things that walkie talkies can do that we don’t always know about. One of those things is changing the frequency on your walkie talkie so that it doesn’t interfere with other people’s conversations. But how do you change the frequency on a Motorola walkie-talkie? It’s not as complicated as it sounds.
Turn off the radio by pressing the PWR (power) button.
To turn off your device, press the PWR button. This will turn off all radios on your device and is useful if you are not using it for a while.
When you’re ready to use your walkie-talkie again, simply press the power button, wait for a few seconds or until all of the lights turn on and then begin speaking into it.
Press and hold the MON (monitor) button down.
Press and hold the MON (monitor) button down. You will see the channel number on the display. Release the MON button after you see the channel number.
Turn on the radio by briefly pressing the PWR button.
The first step to changing the frequency of your Motorola Walkie Talkie is to turn on the radio. In order for this to work, you will need to press and hold the PWR button until you hear a tone. Once you hear that sound, release the button and wait for another tone (another beep). If done correctly, both radios should now be turned on and ready for use
Release the MON button.
First, press the MON button. This will bring up your current frequency on your Motorola walkie talkie. If you have a different frequency that you would like to change it to, simply hold down the button until it begins beeping and displaying three numbers: 0.00 — this is the time in seconds before it goes back into scanning mode after being idle for five minutes (or if you manually change frequencies)
- Release the MON button when finished.* This will bring up a new frequency on your Motorola walkie talkie. If you have another frequency that you would like to change it to, simply hold down the button until it begins beeping and displaying three numbers: 0.00 — this is the time in seconds before it goes back into scanning mode after being idle for five minutes (or if you manually change frequencies) Release the MON button when finished.*
Rotate the channel knob to a new frequency.
- Turn the channel knob to a new frequency.
- Release the MON button and press and release the PTT button to lock in your new channel number.
Press and release the PTT (push-to-talk) button to confirm the change.
To confirm, press and release the PTT (push-to-talk) button to confirm the change. The radio will beep to confirm that the change was made, and the display will show you what frequency is being used by your radio.
If you need help with anything else, check out our other guides on how to program a Motorola Talkabout or other models of walkie-talkies!
How do I program my Motorola radio frequency?
Follow these steps to program your Motorola radio frequency:
- Press and hold the MON (monitor) button down.
- Turn on the radio by briefly pressing the PWR button.
- Release the MON button and rotate the channel knob to a new frequency (e.g. 4). Press and hold the MON button down. Turn on the radio by briefly pressing the PWR button. Release the MON button and rotate the channel knob to a new frequency
How do you change the frequency on a Motorola 2-way radio?
How do you change the frequency on a Motorola 2-way radio you may ask,
To change the frequency on your Motorola walkie-talkie, follow these steps:
- Turn on the radio by pressing and holding down the power button for three seconds. A single beep will sound to indicate that you have turned it on successfully.
- Press and hold down the monitor button until one long beep is heard, which indicates that programming mode has been entered into.
What is the frequency of the Motorola walkie-talkie?
Frequencies are in the range of 400 to 470 MHz, which is within a specific range of frequencies assigned to radio services. This is why it’s so important that you be on the right frequency when using a walkie-talkie. If you’re not, you won’t have any luck communicating with other people who are also using their walkie-talkies!
How to change the channel on Motorola walkie-talkie rmu2040
- Press the [MENU] button.
- Use the arrow keys to locate and select “Radio” or “General” in the menu options. You will see this option under “Tools” on some models of Motorola 2-way radios that do not have a dedicated radio button.
- Press [OK]. The Radio Settings screen will appear, allowing you to change channels and other settings related to your handset’s radio functionality.
Let’s face it, walkie-talkies are awesome. They’re portable and easy to use, plus they let you communicate with friends and family without having to worry about any pesky cell phone bills! But what if you want to change the frequency on your walkie-talkie? There are several ways in which you can do this, but before we get into that let’s first discuss how walkie-talkies operate in the first place. Walkie-talkies work by using a radio frequency that is shared by all of the walkie-talkies in your area. This means that if you need to change the frequency on your walkie talkie then it will affect everyone else who is using the same channel.
Walkie-talkies work by sending radio waves between two devices. These waves are then converted back into an audio signal which is played through speakers so that people can hear each other – pretty cool right? But there’s one problem: If there are too many devices operating on the same frequency range at once then interference occurs and signals become garbled and distorted. This makes communication difficult or even impossible depending on how crowded things get around here.”