Finding the right walkie talkie is not an easy task, especially if you have no idea what to look for. The Motorola MR350R FRS/GMRS Two-Way radios are suitable for any situation, and they can be used with other radios in groups or alone. With these radios, changing channels is easy and fun! Here’s how to do it:
Turn on radio
With your radio off, press and hold the talk button. You will hear a tone indicating that you have activated the talk button.
Hold down the power button until you hear two tones indicating that your walkie-talkie is on. You may release the talk button at this time or continue to hold it down if you wish to communicate with another party before releasing it.
Find the channel/frequency you want to change to
- Press the menu button. (The icon with three horizontal lines, usually in the top-left corner of your screen.) This will open up a menu on the left side of your screen.
- Select Channel Settings from this menu by either tapping it or pressing down on it until it’s highlighted in blue and then tapping again to select it.
- Scroll down until you find “Channel” or “Frequency,” depending on what kind of radio you have and then press OK to continue to step 4 below.
Press and hold Menu Button
- Press and hold the Menu Button on your walkie talkie until a series of beeps sound, then release it.
- Press and hold 0-9 keys to enter the passcode for the channel you want to change to
Enter Menu Password ‘5321’
- Enter Menu Password ‘5321’.
- After entering the passcode, you will hear a beep and then you can use the keys to navigate through the menu options. You can also press and hold the menu button while pressing any of the 0-9 keys to input your own channels or settings (if available).
- Pressing and holding once will exit this menu so that you can resume using your walkie talkies normally!
Press and hold Menu Button (not for first time)
To change channels on your Motorola walkie talkie, press and hold the Menu button for at least 2 seconds. The channel number will flash to indicate that you are in the right place to begin programming.
Do not release the Menu button until you have made all of your desired changes and then push it again.
Select General Settings
- Select General Settings
- Select Channel Setting / Program The Radio
- A password will be required if you have one, enter it using the keypad buttons on your walkie talkie and select OK (you should see a check mark when typed correctly) If a password is not required proceed to step 4
- Select the channel from 1-220 with corresponding frequency from 1-470 MHz
Select Channel Setting / Program The Radio
- Select Channel Setting / Program The Radio
- The Radio will beep and display ‘LOCKED’ on the screen if a password is required to add or change channels
- Enter A Password By Using The Keypad Buttons For Each Character, Pressing Enter Once You Are Finished. If You Do Not Wish To Add A Password, Press Enter Twice To Skip This Step
- After A Successful Entry Of A Passcode Into Your Motorola Walkie Talkie You Will See “Programming” On Screen While Your New Channel Is Added Or Changed
Select new channel that you want to add or change the current one.
Select new channel that you want to add or change the current one. If you need to add a new channel, do not select it yet and read on.
If a password is required enter it using the keypad buttons, if not proceed.
If you don’t know the password, then you can try the default or factory settings. If not, proceed.
If you want to change the password, do so by pressing “5” on your keypad and enter a new one using the keypad buttons.
You can also change your radio’s name by pressing “6” on your keypad and entering a new one using the keypad buttons.
If the word ‘locked’ appears
If the word ‘locked’ appears then the password is required. You can check menu password by pressing 0-9 keys but this will also lock your radio so you’ll need to unlock it by entering the passcode.
Checking Menu Password:
- Press “down” key on your radio until “Menu Options” is displayed on screen and press enter key, or
- If you have a Motorola TALKABOUT radio and want to change channel, then press “menu” key once which will take you directly into Menu Options where you can select different options related to changing channels such as Channel List and Scan List (if available).
How do I unlock the channel on my Motorola walkie talkie?
To change the channel on a Motorola walkie talkie, you’ll need to press the Menu button on your radio. On some models, this is a small silver button located near the top of your device. On other models, it’s larger and colored green or red depending on whether they’re set up for simplex or duplex use—simplex radios only allow one-way communication while duplex radios allow two-way communication—so if your model doesn’t have one of these buttons but has an LCD display instead (like this one), please refer to its user guide for instructions on how to access menus through that display instead.
Once you’ve pressed this button, enter in a four-digit code using number keys 1 through 9 followed by * or # key depending on what type of device you own (number keys 1 through 5 represent numbers 0 through 9 while * represents 10 and # represents 11). The default password is usually 0000 if no other code was set during setup; if not try pressing just 0 until something happens because sometimes holding down either key will reset things back to factory settings which might have come preloaded with an incorrect security code that needs removing before anything else can be done properly again!
After entering in your chosen password successfully (if it worked!), wait briefly until all three indicators light up blue before pressing down again until they turn white once more (if they don’t light up then try again). Once done setting up new security measures at home base camp location A
How do you change stations on a walkie talkie?
To change channels on a Motorola walkie talkie, you’ll need to access the menu. This can be done by pressing and holding the Menu button located on the top left of your device. Once you’re in the menu, select Settings and change your station there.
What channels can I use on walkie-talkie?
If you’re talking to someone and you want to change the channel, simply hold down the Channel button until it changes. You can use any channel between 26-51.
If there is another user on the same channel as you, their audio will go from clear to garbled and vice versa if they change channels. If there are repeaters located on your selected frequency range that are causing interference with your transmissions or reception, try changing the frequency range higher or lower until you find an empty spot in which neither of these problems occur.
How do I change the channel on my Motorola walkie-talkie cls1110?
To change the channel on your Motorola Walkie-Talkies, follow these steps:
- Press and hold down the “Channel” button for three seconds. The radio will beep, indicating that it has been changed to a new channel.
We hope this has helped you to understand how to change channel on Motorola Walkie Talkie and also given you an overview of the menu settings in general.