If you think of setting up an office in a resort, remote work area, or planning an adventure trip, you need to communicate with your peers or colleagues continually. The chances are that you need a communication device that would work effectively in those areas with minimal cellular network signals.
Getting the best 2 way radios for business will help you keep tabs on work activities, communicate your exploration with your peers, etc.
While two-way business radios are a bit more expensive than regular cellphones, they have features that will ensure your adventure and work duties goes smoothly. They offer great functionality, higher quality, and even better investment if you are in areas with no cellular network. They are efficient and improves safety.
A two-way business radio allows two people to communicate on specific frequencies. These frequencies have been set aside for business use and usually free from unimportant chattering since the general public does not frequently use them.
With tons of two-way business radio devices in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the right one. Two-way business radios all function in the same way, but there are some more advanced features than the other and better specs. That is the reason for writing this review to ease your selection process.
5 Best Two Way Radios For Business| Review and Buying Guide
1. Motorola RDU4100 Two-Way Business Radio 2-Pack Bundle – Best Overall
The Motorola RDU4100 has everything to have in a two-way business radio device and is our pick as the best overall two-way business radio. Its long-range coverage is up to an astonishing 350,000 sq. ft. And has the most extended transmission range in this list.
It has 4 watts of power, 89 business-exclusive frequencies, 83 digital and 38 private security codes, and pre-programmed with ten channels. Audio quality is fabulous with 2000 mW of audio output, has noise reduction feature, fast settings transfer to enable easy cloning of radio device, VOX hands-free operation, and supports different battery types.
- Two-Way business radio included in the pack: 2 Motorola RDU4100 are included in the box, with its lithium battery, plug-in chargers, antenna, and a spring-loaded belt clip. All these accessories come in twos.
- Long-range coverage: 4-watt power provides coverage of up to 350,000 sq. ft, with pre-programmed channels to enhance communication.
- Frequencies and security codes: 89 business-exclusive frequencies, 83 digital, and 38 private interference eliminator codes improve communication and privacy.
- Long-lasting battery: With standard AA batteries, RDU4100 lasts up to 26 hours.
- Long-range coverage
- Exceptional battery life
- Vast business – exclusive frequencies plus interference eliminator codes to improve communication and enhance privacy.
- Excellent audio quality
- Fast settings transfer to enable easy cloning of radio devices.
- Its a bit expensive
Despite this two-way business radio’s expensive nature, this device promises to excel in long-range coverage, battery, and improved sound quality. If you are not bothered by budget, this two-way business radio is likely your ideal choice.
2. Motorola On-Site RDU4100 Two-Way Business Radio – Best for Audio Quality
By the tech giant Motorola, this device is simple to the core and provides you with all the necessary things you need of a two-way business radio. Motorola’s on-site two-way business radio is a 4-watt radio device that operates on 89 business UHF frequencies and ten channels.
It is affordable, easy to use, and has all-round coordination. If just what you need is a device that would act as a communication tool to help meet work schedules, address day-to-day work challenges, and facilitate the completion of tasks faster, this device is likely your ideal choice.
When it comes to audio quality, the On-site RDU4100 device is not lacking as it provides 30% more enhanced sound quality than previous RDX models.
It is ruggedly built to withstand fog, shock dust, easy to use, versatile in programming functions, hands-free, and water-resistant.
Whether you work in a school, industrial environment, or hospital, this device can serve your basic needs of keeping in touch with students, workers, and patients, respectively.
- Good battery life: This device has 12 hours battery life, long enough to power you through your daily tasks.
- Channels and Frequencies: This device operates on 38 analog and 83 digital interference codes and is programmed with ten channel combinations.
- Wattage: This two-way radio has a power of up to 4 watts with a 2-watt low power setting.
- Design: Motorola RDU4100 device is exceptionally rugged and durable to withstand any weather conditions.
- Resistance: This device is IP54/55 standard and is resistant to both dust and water.
- Additional Features: Has LED indicator for low battery
- Has a simple interface. Navigation is easy, and you don’t have to go through complicated processes to learn it’s menus.
- Durable and can survive any accidental fall or bruise.
- Has long-range communication of up to 7 miles.
- Enhanced speakers for audio clarity.
- It has multiple frequencies to choose from to avoid interference and maintain clear communication.
- The display is dim, especially in the dark.
- Battery life is not so exceptional.
Despite the short life span and short communication range, this device is suitable overall when the budget is considered.
3. Motorola RMM2050 On-Site Two-Way Business Radio – Best for Durability
Communicate better and faster with the Motorola RMM2050 two-way business radio with clear enhanced audio quality.
When it comes to ruggedness, which is an exceptional quality of all Motorola two-way business radio, this device can withstand anything that comes it’s way. It is ideal for any on-site workplace function, retail, industrial, school, etc.
Motorola RMM2050 operates on 5 Multi-Use Radio Service frequencies for better communication amongst colleagues, has versatile customer programming software, advanced voice activation, and has a simple tricolor LED interface.
Reach out quickly during emergencies, maximize productivity at work, and increase security.
This device has been tested to withstand the test of time. So, you are guaranteed this device will serve all your basic communication needs. This device gives you a competitive communication edge and improves overall efficiency.
You can access additional features on the device such as manager lock, and tricolor LED interface, Reverse Burst to eliminate unnecessary noise, etc. Its hands-free and easy to use, like all Motorola two-way business radios.
- Powerful speakers: RMM2050 has a 1500 mW speaker to ensure clear and audible communication with reduced or no noise capability. It has up to 2-watt power and provides coverage up to 220,000 Sq. Ft.
- Durability: With its rugged design, this device can withstand any fall, dust, extreme weather conditions, vibrations, and shock to ensure long-term use.
- Exclusive-Frequencies: This two-way business radio operates on Multi-Use Radio Service frequencies and features six customizable codes for network clarity.
- Customizable Channels: This device has 16 prerecorded functions that enable you to customize your list of channels.
- Advanced Features: Voice Activation feature enables hands-free operations without having to use its accessories.
- Rugged and reliable
- Easy setup for use
- It can be used hands-free
- Powerful and enhanced speakers for clarity
- Customizable channels.
- The coverage is not so exceptional. Distance coverage above 200 ft will sound blurry.
- Battery life is average.
Durability has been the home mark of Motorola’s two-way business radio devices. If you are not bothered by coverage and battery life, you could consider this device your preferred choice.
4. Motorola Professional CLS1410 Two-Way Business Radio – Best for Battery Life
The world of business needs to be in constant communication to get things moving at a rapid rate. Motorola’s professional on-site two-way radio is an ideal radio for business with a flush of quality, reliability, and flexibility.
It operates on 56 business-exclusive frequencies for better privacy and communication. It’s easy to use, affordable and durable, and is perfect for your everyday needs.
Whether you work in a restaurant, an education institution, or retail businesses, this two-way business radio can handle various tasks to enhance efficiency, maintain dignity, maintain staff productivity, enhance security and ensure the overall running of things smoothly. There are no hidden costs attached. All services come at a reduced price.
It has advanced features like VibraCall, which lets you receive alerts discreetly even in the noisiest place. It has a drop-in charging feature to keep the radio device locked centrally while charging, Voice Activation for hands-free operation, keypad lock, etc.
- Flexible channel and frequency choice: You can choose from 56 business-exclusive frequencies plus four channels, access over 83 digital and 38 private lines/ security codes to boost communication and enhance privacy.
- Lightweight: This two-way business radio weighs less than an ounce, so it’s convenient to carry about and fits perfectly in the palm.
- Durable: This business radio is built ruggedly to withstand wear and tear.
- Long-range coverage: Under an obstructed sky, this device provides coverage through one watt of power to over 200,000 sq. ft.
- Easy charging: Monitor your device’s charging through the drop-in charging tray that keeps your device locked centrally while it’s charging.
- Fast Settings Transfer: Easily clone your device by copying settings from one radio to another.
- It has a long-lasting battery life with up to 12 hours of use.
- Convenient charging method
- Long-range coverage
- Vast frequencies and security codes.
Sometimes, it has charging port issues.
If you are looking for a compact device with a reasonable distance range and battery life for your everyday needs, I highly recommend this two-way business razzz3dio. It’s cost-friendly and straightforward to use.
5. Midland GXT1000VP4 3-Pack Two-Way Business Radio – Best for Budget
If you want a reliable device to act as a companion in your adventures, Midland GXT1000VP4 is worth considering. This 3-pack two-way business radio encompasses different options that will make communication easy when it matters most.
It has a dedicated push button, 22 channels, 142 security codes, and multiple power-saving modes to prolong battery life. Battery packs are included for each device as well. As for additional or advanced features, it has weather alerts, Voice Activation hands-free mode, emergency alert, etc.
The radio itself has a power/volume knob, PIT button, speaker, and a menu button. To get maximum transmission range with this radio, you need to make sure there are no sight obstructions around. Trees, hazy clouds, and even storm can hinder its long-range transmission.
- Channels and security codes: The radio has 22 channels and 142 security codes for privacy and uninterrupted communication. It also features 50 General Mobile Radio Service channels to enhance communication.
- Good range: This radio device’s transmission range extends up to 36 miles if the area is not obstructed. A more extended range means better and clearer communication.
- Additional features: The radio has weather alerts, Voice Activation hands-free mode, emergency alert, vibrate alert, etc. Weather scan automatically scans to get the most weather channel to notify you of weather conditions. It sounds an alarm if the weather is not conducive.
- Resistance: This rugged walkie talkie is resistant to splashes of water
- Long-range communication is good
- Resistant to water
- Different channels and security codes ensure better privacy and uninterrupted connection.
- You can use it with rechargeable batteries and AA batteries.
- Battery life is not great.
A 3-pack for $99 is a good bargain if you want to overlook the low battery life
What to Consider Before Buying a Business Two-way Radio
If you are using your two-way business radio every time and working round the clock, you will need a two-way radio device that will guarantee you 12 or more hours of battery life. Anything less than that is unnecessary and a total waste of money.
Two-way business radios are generally built solidly and rugged to withstand any bruise, fall, and wear and tear, but some are built more ruggedly than the others. If you are the type that is prone to devices falling off your pocket, hand, or bags, choose the one that is suited for this purpose.
Though most two-way business radios are expensive, you would want to make sure you want one that fits into your budget. One that you wouldn’t break the bank for and suits your needs.
All two-way business radios have a high transmission range because they have high wattage. The higher the range, the better the communication. However, there are some whose transmission range is limited. In this case, go for a two-way radio that offers a higher transmission range.
Alternatively, you can purchase one that permits the use of a signal booster like a range extender. Ensure your radio is compatible with the extender. Otherwise, it won’t function optimally.
Channels and Security Codes
Many people might use the same business frequencies and channels you use, which is not so good. It’s essential to choose a two-way business radio with a different and vast amount of business frequencies and security codes to ease privacy and ensure minimum interruption.
Some two-way business radios come with advanced features like voice control, emergency alerts, headsets, and intelligent charging options.
FAQs About Best 2 Way Radios For Business
Can Two-Way Business Radio Work Indoors?
Yes. Radios with UHF are best used indoors because their signals have high penetrating power inside the concrete. However, if you want to use one for outdoor purposes, VHF radios are the best because their signals travel farther than UHF under no obstructed environment.
Is Having a Two-Way Business Radio Necessary?
That depends on the needs of the buyer. A two-way business radio is an essential form of communication in organizations with several staff like retail businesses, schools, industrial sites, companies, etc. It works in remote areas where there is no cellular signal and improves safety in case of emergencies.
What is the Best Commercial Two-way Business Radio and Long Range Device?
There is no best two-way business radio in the market. An individual has preferences and chooses the one that suits their needs the most.
Final Thoughts- Best 2 Way Radios For Business In 2021
A two-way business radio is essential and the most reliable form of communication on a job or an adventure. They offer better network reception, durable, and are highly efficient all round. We hope this review has given you an insight into what a two-way business radio is like and has helped you select your choice.
What’s your take on two-way business radio devices on this list?